ToolsHow to use silcotex
1. You will need a plastic tub, plastic trowel, warm water and a pack of silcotex!
2. Shake the pack with silcotex and put the silcotex into a plastic tub. Break up the silcotex with your hands as it has probably been squashed together in the bag. Any knots of silcotex split with your hands.
Pour in 6 to 8 litres of warm (not hot!) water into the plastic tub containing the silcotex
DO NOT EXCEED THE WATER CONSUMPTION!
Knead well by hand for at least 50 minutes or speed up the process with a plaster mixing drill bit (then only mix for 25 minutes).
3. Leave the kneaded material to stand for 20 minutes before applying. It may be advisable to use the original pack to store the silcotex in, or otherwise cover the plastic tub with cling-film.
Knead it manually, straining the silcotex through your fingers one more time to avoid any clotting.
4. Add a little extra water (up to one litre) for easier application.
5. Taking small portions, apply the kneaded material at a thickness of 2 mm from one corner to another using a flat plastic trowel. The silcotex in the plastic tub should be mixed every 20 minutes to keep uniformity.
6. For perfect application smooth out the surface by occasionally going over the silcotex using a wet trowel for up to 2 hours after application. Use side lighting to check the smoothness of the wall.
Drying: Between 24 to 48 hours depending on temperature and humidity.
• plastic tub
• plastic trowel
• pack of Silcotex
• The will to DIY